Stud Poker

This is a table game hosted by casino dealers. With the right poker hands, you are against the house. Each player gets five cards face down, the dealer gets four cards face down and one card face up. Before a player receives their card, they must place an ante bet, and if they want to play a Four Aces poker hand, the dealer must re-bet (or raise) exactly twice the ante. They lose their benefits if they do not comply with them.

The dealer must have an ace, king, x, x (any card) or better to play against the player (this happens 56 percent of the time). If a player decides to play and raises the required amount, and the dealer gets in, it’s a showdown to see who has the biggest poker hand. If the dealer wins, all three units are his. If a player wins, he will receive either 3 points or, if he has a strong hand, a bonus (better than one pair).

All of this should be pretty simple, but the players in this uncomfortable game are a complete disaster. Some knowledgeable people, like the late great Peter Griffin, have worked it out, and the basic advantage over the player is 2.5 percent. See House Edge. This is very good and it reminds me of roulette.

Big win

This is the total prize pool collected by players from across the country who have placed a side bet that will be rewarded if they are dealt the top hand. 30% of each pound wagered goes into the casino’s pockets and the remaining 70% into the prize pool. The color is £ 50, the Full House is £ 75, the Four of a Kind is £ 100, the straight flush is 10% of the pot and the Royal Flush is 100% of the pot.

plan of action

Don’t bluff. Motto: If you have a pile of rubbish, get rid of it.
This is a very easy game, which makes it boring. The only amusement you can get is to gently reveal your hand to yourself. If you have a powerful AKxxx or better hand, follow the plan to add two extra units. (For example, A K J 9 4) If you have a weaker hand, drop and lose the ante bet. Always!

Professional approach

In addition, many people (even casino employees) believe that if you collaborate with other players at the table and find out what cards they have, you can find out which hand the dealer has. So even if all seven squares on the table were filled, the dealer would still have 16 cards to choose from with the four lowest cards. The player would have a 2.3 percent advantage if he used a computer to study all 1820 possible four-card sets of sixteen. The house would still have a 0.4 percent lead in the six-player game. Unfortunately, most online casinos only have three player seats. It is, in fact, a non-start.